If you are looking for a list of sport clubs, please follow the link to the left to 'Search Organizations.'
A "Sport Club" is defined as a group of Cornell students voluntarily organized for the purpose of furthering and promoting their interest in a particular sport or athletic activity. The purpose of the club should be to promote, practice, and further the skills and collective interest in a particular sport or athletic activity. Only current Cornell University students may participate in competitive sport club activities or activities that are physical in nature (i.e. boxing, contact martial arts, etc.). Non-students may be brought in as coaches, consultants, and/or teachers for competitive sport clubs. Non-students may participate in non-competitive and/or non-physical activities.
Like all independent or University student organizations at Cornell, the sport club also offers opportunities for development of life skills such as leadership, cooperation, scheduling, budgeting, organizational dynamics, sportsmanship, and teamwork. The sport club may be recreational, instructional, and/or competitive in nature. Members may display a variety of skill levels and may place varying degrees of emphasis on extramural competition. The executive board and/or officers of the club must be 100% full-time Cornell students. The sport club is student-initiated, administered and funded, and responsible for its own membership requirements. All such requirements must be consistent with the Campus Code of Conduct to protect and promote Cornell's educational purpose.
If your group is a sport club, please note the following:
- All sport clubs must register each academic year.
- All sport clubs must register as Independent Organizations.
- As part of the on-line registration process, sport clubs will be required to submit (electronically) the 'Sport Club Addendum.' The Sport Club Addendum is also available for download from the 'Resources' page (for reference only).
- The sport club will not receive final approval to practice until at least two (2) current officers (from the list of officers entered by the club on the registration page) have completed the sport club training offered by the Campus Activities Office. Trainings are offered at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. See below for a list of trainings offered this semester.
- Each member of the sport club must complete an "Agreement to Assume Risks and Waive Claims" and submit it to the club before participating in any club activity. These forms, along with an updated membership list, must be submitted to the Campus Activities Office (521 Willard Straight Hall) within one (1) business day of being signed. It is the club's responsibility to be sure the membership roster and all signed forms are up to date in the Campus Activities Office.
|SPORT CLUB TRAINING SESSIONS|
In order to complete the registration process for all sport clubs, at least two (2) current officers (from the list of officers entered by the club on the registration page) must attend and complete one (1) of the sport club training sessions offered by Campus Activities each academic year. If you attended a training session in the fall, they you do not need to attend this session.
Spring 2017 Sport Club Training Workshop
Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 4:00 pm
The training will take place in the Willard Straight Hall Music Room (4th Floor).
If your group does not attended at least one workshop during the 2016-17 academic year, your registration will not be approved. Workshops are roughly 60 minutes long.
Agreement to Assume Risks and Waive Claims
Here is a library of sport-specific forms. Each member must sign an Agreement to Assume Risks and Waive Claims that is appropriate for your sport club, so please click the appropriate link for your sport to print out copies to distribute. If you do not see your sport listed, contact the Office of Risk Management & Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a form customized for your sport.
If you do not see your sport listed, contact the Office of Risk Management & Insurance at email@example.com to have a form customized for your sport.
Campus Activities Office
5th Floor, Willard Straight Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853