Cornell Minds Matter is an undergraduate student organization that has been working on the Cornell campus since 2004 to:
- Help Cornell students deal with stress, lead a balanced existence
- and use the stresses and challenges we face as opportunities for growth and success.
- Decrease the stigma associated with mental illness and with seeking mental health resources so that all students may find the opportunities they need to be successful.
- Promote understanding of the value of caring for one's own mental health and others by bringing speakers to campus, holding discussion sessions, and educating through workshops, training sessions, publications and advertising.
- Serve as a liaison between students, staff, faculty and the administration of Cornell to guide policy and resources so the undergraduate population of Cornell is best served.
Why Join Cornell Minds Matter?
- Difference - Make a difference within the Cornell and Ithaca community.
- Support - Be part of a good support network that provides guidance and a social connection - we have a lot of fun!
- Friends - Meet a lot of new people and form lasting friendships.
- Growth - Have opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are an exponentially growing organization who will need future leaders.
- Training - Get training and experience for those interested in a future in psychology and other fields.