Welcome to the CUTonight Commission!
CUTonight's purpose is to provide event-oriented funding (up to $5,000) to student organizations for innovative late-night programs at Cornell University. We are entirely student run (for students, by students) and we receive by-line funding from the Cornell Undergraduate Student Assembly. Note: The group's executive board must notify the Comission's eboard members within 3 days upon receiving notification to determine if they need an appeal.
CUTonight strives to provide the Cornell community with the highest caliber late-night events possible. The evaluation of applications is rigorous and the process competitive. CUTonight funds events that:
- are innovative
- appeal to students’ diverse social interests
- offer variety to the selection of late-night entertainment available on weekend nights
- enhance the campus social environment
- serve a maximum number of students
- are collaborative ventures involving diverse Cornell student organizations
CUTC grants up to $5,000 to student groups that wish to put on late-night events on the Cornell campus!
Please take note of the following details:
- The event must begin no earlier than 8 PM and must take place on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night.
- Events that begin at or after 8 PM but end before 1 AM are eligible for up to $3000 in funding; Events that begin at or after 8 PM and end at or after 1 AM are eligible for up to $5000 in funding.
Contact the commission today to discuss your event idea: firstname.lastname@example.org!